Monday, November 23, 2015

Philanthropy @ Work

So, lately we've been learning about philanthropy. We tied it into our last unit because most of the people in the 19th century that actually went places in life were philanthropists. At first I didn't really see how it differed from charity but now I know... You can't have philanthropy without the charity. You have to have a place to start (charity) and then you continue to grow awareness of the cause and help make the situation better (philanthropy). As it was so wisely said in class, charity is the now but philanthropy is the vision. If I were ever able to make enough money to consider being a philanthropist I would put a lot of my time and effort into the diabetes field. Being a diabetic myself I realize just how close the cure is but see the areas we are lacking in. I would also put my time into getting the world back to how it once was. When there weren't homeless pets or starving children. A place where everyone felt at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment