Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What I've Learned

Upon starting this blog, I was clueless. 

This is what Mrs. Lawson wanted me to learn today:

• Only use a quote when it adds power and style to my writing.• Always make it clear, from context, that I understand the full meaning of the quote.• Whether I quote or paraphrase, always be transparent about the source and how I’m using it.• If I use another author’s exact words or phrases, to any extent, I have to use quotation marks and give credit.• If I use another author’s presentation of facts or ideas, but put their ideas in my own words, I better have a good reason for doing that, and I MUST give credit.• Hyperlinking is so easy, there is no excuse for not being transparent about my sources.

Now, after writing several posts I know what is expected of me and I am ready to begin my blogging adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment