Sunday, September 13, 2015

Incorporating a Quotation

How often do you watch a movie based on a true story and then after seeing it wonder how much of it is truly real? I have often asked myself this question but never have I taken the time to find out. Until now. As a kick off to my junior year, our United States History teacher decided to show us a film called Glory. This movie was written about the the first ever army of blacks, also know as the 54th Infantry Regiment of Massachusetts. In an article written by Alex Langer, he states "The film is an accessible look at the history of the regiment, and is effective in its portrayal of the horrors of the Civil War. However, it is not historically accurate and engages uncritically with its source material". He later goes on to simplify this saying, "[...] Glory suffers from a lack of historical accuracy[...]". This definitely answered my question but, it just wasn't good enough for me. To find out more, read my next blog on paraphrasing to see what else Alex Langer and I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment