Wednesday, February 10, 2016

How I Feel Second Semester Is Going So Far......

So far I feel that this semester has definitely challenged me as a learner. We are doing a lot more reading based analysis and have already had a test. I didn't feel that I did too well on the test however I was wrong. It is just hard because we have been on a project based history course since the eighth grade and all of a sudden we are taking tests. No one has really taught us how to study or take a history test so it all feels like a shot in the dark. Now I am struggling with the new homework setup. Even though they took forever, I honestly liked the reading questions where we made the answers better than the multiple choice ones. I really enjoyed the Eddie Aikau video because it made his story come to life and we learned what made it so trustworthy and convincing... It was also helpful because I am an auditory and visual leaner so it helped solidify the information. My favorite thing so far was the political cartoons. I liked to see how different people saw the situations taking place and how many interpretations could be made off the same cartoon. It was also cool getting to research what people thought life would be like today and how reality differed from those ideas. I do feel that this course will continue to be one that I have to really work for but I am already better off then when school started in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment